That's Not Very Nice!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

FORBES SILVER CO.

I had a fabulous day today, a little shopping, a little nothing, a lot of FUN!

Anyway, I had a good day, and picked up a beautiful round silver platter w/ ornate cutout design all the way around that I'm having a pain trying to find any info on it. It's 12" across, and marked on the bottom "FORBES SILVER CO. U.S.A. QUADRUPLE" All in a circle, with an eagles head in the middle, aimed to the right. Also stamped below the mark is the number 28, and then below that is stamped YL9.

Any info would be appreciated as to the date of manufacture, based on the marking. I am not a collector of silver items, so I don't have the books here that would tell me what I'm looking for, and eBay is a bad place to do research. Any help to send me in the right direction would be great. I just want to know what exactly I have.

Now, back to writing crappy poems and googleing this dang FORBES company....