That's Not Very Nice!

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Am I The Only One?

Am I the only person that uses the word 'humdinger' in regular speech? Every damn time I use that word people look at me like I'm a freak. I grew up with that word, and think nothing of it. Do you spose it's a regional thing? But even when I say it up here in Minnesota & Wisconsin, that's where everyone looks at me like I'm from another planet. What the heck? Where did that word come from? I will not remove it from my vocabulary, and I believe it is a wonderful word.

What else would you say to a person with a black eye but: "holy smokes, now that's a humdinger!" I seriously can't think of anything else to say but that. Maybe "Holy smokes, that's a doozie!" Then they still look at yah like you are a freak, because no one else says doozie either. I have not not yet gotten used to being looked at like I am a freak, and this has been going on for a long, long time. Sometimes I get the feeling that I get laughed at a LOT more than I get laughed WITH.

To all of you who do not use the words humdinger and doozie....please start. I am sick of being alone on this, and these words deserve more that just me using them. They are good words.