That's Not Very Nice!

Monday, November 07, 2005

Weekend of Busy!

What a weekend! We had our buddy Ross over on Friday night and Saturday, went to the scrap yard, Menards, Wal-Mart on Saturday morning with Ross. My husband and Ross went to the feed mill to buy corn for our pellet/corn stove, and came back with 1,940 lbs. of corn. We busted our asses shoveling corn into garbage can after garbage can to store it through the winter. We have enough fuel for the stove to make it through the winter now, so I am happy.

Got the corn taken care of, and then I cooked a hotdish for the shindig, baked a pumpkin cake while the meal was being assembled, and then made the frosting. We got the boy in the tub because we let him play in the back of the truck when it was full of corn, and he was a disaster with all of that corn dust. I got ready while husband got the boys hair washed and got him dressed. The cake was still too hot to frost when we left the house, so I frosted it when we got there.

Got to the shindig, and they already had 2 bonfires going, food cooking, kids running wild. When it got dark out the littlest boy (age 3) of the host came in the kitchen and turned to his mom, and said "I need the F***ing flashlight Mom!" We all whipped around as fast as we could so the kid wouldn't see us laughing. Man, you never see stuff like that coming, and then BAM! there it flies. Holy smokes that boy can cuss. So we stayed at the party till about midnight, came home and hit the sack shortly after. Anyway, the party was a lot of fun.

Sunday morning Shorty came in to wake us up, and he then wandered off to watch a movie for a while till he got hungry and wanted someone to take him to pee. I announced to my husband that I was going to spend the day in the basement throwing our useless crap away. We managed to spend about 8 hours going through boxes of junk that should have never been saved ever. For instance, I threw away my all of my kindergarten projects, 6 years of Christmas cards, Oriental trading catalogues from 1997, my husbands Valentines from 2nd grade, moldy stuffed animals from when I was a kid, moldy stuffed animals from when Mike was a kid, my baby teeth, every color book that I ever had as a child, pez dispensers, instructions for the 8 bit Nintendo, cleaner for the 8 bit Nintendo, airline ticket stubs from 1988, and it just goes on and on like that. What the heck were we thinking, keeping all that crap this whole time? All in all we got over a truckload of junk out of the basement, not to mention the box after box of paper and cardboard recycling, and all the scrap metal from old computers, and other crap we had no business keeping. Also we have a wood burning pile going with broken chairs, wood scraps, moldy baskets etc... Probably totals at least 2 truckloads. Not the burning pile, but everything together. Why we have all this crap, I don't know, but it is all going away so I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I am also going to try my best to not let that happen again.

It does feel good to clean out.