That's Not Very Nice!

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I Wish I Wasn't Such a Slacker

I really, really, really, really wish I wasn't such a slacker.

Don't get me wrong, I do ALL of the laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, mending, etc. that I should, but never in a timely fashion.

If I would put half the effort I put into being a slacker--into the chores--they would be done. Always.

Before I had a home of my own, I had never touched a washing machine, stove, or broom. I am soooo not kidding here. And I was 19 when I moved away from my folks. I remember the moment in the laundry room in the apartment building, wondering what the hell to do. And then angry feelings at my mother for never cluing me in. This is not an excuse, just a little background to the situation. It never occurred to me that the house doesn't clean itself. I knew the problems with the laundry, as I treated my poor mother like Cinderella. Standing there in the kitchen bitching up and down about how my favorite bra was dirty, and I had somewhere to be in a hour and a half, and what the hell was she going to do about it. She washed it by hand in the sink, while I yelled at her, and then threw it in the dryer. I was still pissed at her when I left the house, I remember.

I have grown a lot since then, thankfully. I have also apologised many, many times to mom.

Anyway, I just have a hard time actually doing these simple chores, not because they are hard, only because I just assume still in the back of my mind that everything just fixes/cleans/sweeps itself.

Being a slacker sucks.