That's Not Very Nice!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Jelly Beans and White Bonnets

I had a Ash Wednesday post all written up, but I'm not going to post it. Nope. You know why? It all boils down to several questions I have about the Easter tradition.

What the heck does candy, and baskets, and bunnies have to do with any of it? Did Jesus leave a pile of goodies like that under his linen when he left the cave? Was there peeps, and eggs, and chocolate bunnies under there?

Did they let the children go in there and search for plastic eggs with jelly beans in them? Did he leave a Sears catalog open to the page with clip on ties for little boys, and frilly bonnets and white dresses for the girls?

I didn't think so...

If you wonder these questions as well, here is a site that seems to have it's act together answering these very questions, with dates and origins. Quite interesting too. I don't know what to think of the Jelly Bean poem, but whatever...