That's Not Very Nice!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Stuff....

I tell ya, we got some serious snow here yesterday. I took a tape measure out there to find out how much we got. 15 inches! Yay!! We had drifts 4 ft high on the one side of our house. The trees still today have snow stuck all over them, and it is beautiful. I did trudge through thigh deep snow over to my pretty pine tree yesterday and shake some of the snow off of the branches, as I was worried that some would break. Hubby thought I was nuts for doing it, and I don't care. If the tree were to lose a couple of branches, it would forever look dumb.

My mom succeeded to drive me nuts this weekend, resulting in me being close to tears and yelling at her about how she is such a democrat. Sadly it didn't even phase her. My patience was definitely put to the test. She pushed quite a few buttons.

Dropped hubby off at the airport this morning. We had to get up at 3:30am to get there in time for his flight. I feel sorry for him as he has a lot of work to do today, and he did not go to bed last night because of the early wake-up for the flight. He will sleep good tonight, that's for sure. I went back to bed when we got back home at 7:30am, and now am feeling fine. Shorty fared well, and let me sleep while he was playing his computer game, and only woke me up to make him some chocolate milk and get him crackers. He crawled into bed with me and fell asleep at 2:00pm, and I will wake him at 5:00pm so he can sleep tonight at his regular time.

It was sad, as we were pulling away from the airport, Shorty told me that he didn't want to take Daddy to the airport anymore because it makes him sad, and then he started quietly sobbing. I told him that it makes me sad too, having to say good-bye to Daddy, but it's just something we have to do. I didn't know what else to say. Poor little fella.