That's Not Very Nice!

Monday, October 10, 2005

Just Cool

Does anyone else worry about the upcoming cost increase for natural gas? Our gas and electric provider is predicting a 71% price increase up here in Minnesota. Boo. Not cool.

We purchased a pellet/corn burning stove for the living room last weekend. Seems we were not the first to think that was a good idea since my husband could only locate 2 floor models available within driving range. He put his name on one of them sight unseen, and it is the same one that my parents have! That makes me happy, because they have had it for 3 years now with great satisfaction.

Mike also bought 2 tons of pellets for it, and 350 lbs. Of corn (we will buy more corn later, because that will not be enough.) We should be set for the winter. It will probably cost us a little over $100.00 per month to heat the house, and that is a far cry from what our heat bills were last year even, not to mention what they could be this winter. Dang thing might pay for itself this year! They are also predicting a worse than normal winter, however I don't know how they figure that.

I don't want to come off like all those people who went and bought generators and 2 years worth of food for Y2K. You will not see me selling it in the spring if the price of gas doesn't go up.

I will be saving money this winter even if the price of natural gas drops 20%. I see this purchase as good money sense either way. And it is entertaining, because you can always sit and watch the fire. Bonus!