That's Not Very Nice!

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

OK Fine

It seems some folks are a bit bothered with my lack of Christmas Spirit. Contagion seems most concerned, as he has just gone thru sensitivity class, and his spirits are creepily upbeat. OK fine, I will tell all what really gets me in the Christmas spirit....

1) Booze, sometimes cheap wine, (NOT Boones Farm, that shit makes me puke)

2) Baking Christmas cookies BY MY SELF. Little kids helping, is not help at all, and pisses me off. Makes for a most terrible situation.

3) Piles and piles of snow. On the roads, making them nearly impassable.

4) Lefse

5) Sweet, sweet silence outdoors

6) The smell of a wood fire

7) A quiet drive in the country, much like the Sunday drives of yesteryear

8) Delivering lots of baked goods to friends and family on Christmas eve, makes me very happy.

There you have it. That is what gets me going for Christmas.

I got some baking done yesterday, and that helped, but then I went to the 24 hr. Wal-Mart later because I ran out of baking supplies, saw all the derelicts, and now I am back to square one. Oh well. Eventually here I will have my moment.

My Mother called yesterday asking if they could hire someone (fake Santa guy) to come on Christmas eve at their house, in a helicopter, dropping presents into the yard for Shorty (my 4 year old, in case you forgot). It is like she doesn't even know me. Good grief woman. Maybe that is what set me off yesterday on my Scroogy path of destruction. Oh well, and by the way, I told my Mom not to hire helicopter Santa, as politely as I could.