That's Not Very Nice!

Monday, January 30, 2006

Sneaky, Sneaky

I had my parents over to visit this weekend, and all went well this time. No pushiness, no bickering, no fits, AWESOME!

Sometimes things go great, but other times it all hits the fan.

You all should be proud of me as I cooked a stealth meal, and surprised everyone with eggs and sausage and muffins and toast and fruit cocktail on Sunday morning. Sneaky sneaky! And it is hard to be sneaky with my parents because they are kitchen dwellers, and are constantly popping into the kitchen to do stuff.

The other meals were not stealth, but were OK. Friday night I served beef stroganoff, with choice of egg noodles, or rice and green beans, and diced pears and peaches. Saturday we had breaded fish, baked beans, corn, lefse with butter, and lemon poppyseed muffins for dessert.

When ever company leaves, I end up feeling sad. There are lots of people that I would love to see a lot more often than I do, and I miss them when they leave. I just have a hard time saying good-bye.