That's Not Very Nice!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Sally "The Crippler" Strikes Again....

I was brutally assaulted last night. No, I'm absolutely serious. Here is the scoop:

I went to bed as normal, everything was fine, I was cozy. Fell asleep almost immediately. I woke at 4:16am, and I was way too warm. So I moved the blanket and put my one leg on top of the blankets and all was good. I did take notice that Fat Sally (my 20 lb fat man cat) was sleeping and my foot was touching him. Mmmmm...foot cozily resting against cat blubber......

Then suddenly I woke to my foot being attacked. But not the nice playful way. Apparently since normally there isn't a foot touching him he got startled, I dunno...anyway... He managed to tear open the side of my pinkie toe, and scratch me from the bottom of my heel all the way to my ankle. Now, the ankle scratch is no big deal, but the the toe got cut into the meat. And the blood, oh dear god the blood. So I wrapped it up in tissue and hobbled to the bathroom to see what the heck I should do. What I should have done was go and get some stitches, but instead I wiped up the mess, tore open an alcohol pad-wipe-thingie and scrubbed the wound. Son-of-a-gun that sucks. But you have to clean cat scratches right away because cats are germy. Then got a finger bandage and wrapped it up and went to bed.

Lesson learned: Reach down where the cats sleep on the bed with a stick and secure the area prior to putting leg on top of blankets.

Some of you may have other suggestions for my cat troubles, and if it involves a brick, a river, a pillowcase, a .22, or a dog, I don't want to hear it.....