That's Not Very Nice!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Electrical Interference...Boo.

A big sorry goes out to all of my regular readers, for not posting the past few days. Both of you will be fine I'm sure.

Anyway, my phone and dial-up hasn't been working right lately, there would be intermittent scratchy noises like some guy rubbing a beard on the receiver of the phone. It would happen sometimes when I was connecting to the internet, sometimes while I was on the phone. When it happened while I was on the internet, sometimes I would loose my connection. Well, yesterday I tried to get on the internet, and the computer couldn't even try to dial, as there was no dial tone at all. Pick up the phone. Nothing. So all day yesterday I had nothing, no cell phone (because I don't have one of those evil things), computer, regular tele, nothing.

Today I didn't even try to use the computer, I picked up the phone and called my folks quick to see if it was too good to be true. Works fine. So then I called the phone company to come check the lines outside. The gal I got on the phone was real nice and suggested that I unplug all the phones in the house that plug into electricity (answering machine, cordless, etc.), because apparently what I was describing sounds like electrical interference. Huh. So I told her not to send a man out, and I would do as she suggested. So as soon as I got off the phone with her, I tried to connect on the internet, to e-mail my husband and by golly, it puked again. No dial tone.

Son.of.a bitch. So I unplugged the cordless right here next to the computer. What do you know, everything works now. Hell yeah! So I am happy. Very happy. Stupid phone.

So, that's where I have been. Now I don't have to write Harvey a LETTER, and send it in the MAIL, asking him to write a post telling folks that I didn't fall in a well, or get eaten by a pack of rabid bunnies, or overdose on Captain Crunch. Just a crappy ass phone to blame. Unless it is all just a coincedince, and if that's the case, it'll be a while before you hear from me again.