That's Not Very Nice!

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Windchill Advisory

Earlier tonight there was a windchill advisory for my area because the windchill was going to be in the -38 range, which I must say stings a bit.

I went on the Weather Channel website to read the warning, and after all the bla bla cold bla wind bla hypothermia bla bla frostbite bla bla, there was one last sentence.

"Remember to wear a hat and gloves"

Well no sh*t . Geez. Why!? Why did they add that? Anyone dumb enough to go outside after reading that the windchill could be -38 with no hat or gloves deserves to loose their ears. Cripes Almighty, why?! As a public service? Screw that. Anyone dumb enough to not wear a hat or gloves outside tonight probably can't read the message anyway, or they have round the clock care, and the caregiver knows better than to let them outside without a cap and gloves.

Anyway, it really pissed me off. I'm done venting now. I hate being told the obvious. Grrr...