That's Not Very Nice!

Thursday, February 02, 2006

I Do What I Can With What I've Got

Oh what a great day today!

The sun shone bright all day, with a high in the low 40's.

Shorty and I took a walk before he went to pre-school, and then went for another when he got home from school! As long as you aren't actually trying to get somewhere, walks with him are great. As long as you know to expect the usual dawdling, stopping at every puddle, pointing out every piece of garbage, wandering into peoples yards, wanting to check other peoples mailboxes, picking up sticks, poking me with wet sticks, you know, usual kid stuff.

He wanted to drive monster trucks in the puddles in the driveway, so I took the opportunity to clean our back porch. It is quite a big porch (to me anyway), so it took a while to sweep, and shuffle chairs and stuff around. Charlie the garage cat had been living in there before winter, so there was lots of cat hair floating about, and Shorty managed to make a disaster of his porch toys. The whole deal took about an hour, not too bad. Sat out there after I was done in a flannel shirt and played with Charlie in the sunshine. It was almost balmy.

I let Charlie out of the garage today after I fed him, as it was such a nice day, and within a half hour he had a mouse killed under the pine tree. That was his first kill as far as I know. Shorty wanted to pet the mouse that Charlie had, and I just wouldn't let him. I'm sure it would have been fine, but I just found it gross, and told him that we shouldn't ever mess with the cats mice. ewwww. Charlie thought we were a little too interested in his meal, and drug it farther under the tree so he wouldn't have to share it. I don't blame him. That was a fine looking mouse.

All in all it was a great day! However I would have been happier if we would have gotten pummeled with a good foot of snow, with wind and subzero temps, but I do what I can with what I've got.

What a day...