That's Not Very Nice!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Mouse in a Tree

Talked to my Dad on the phone yesterday. Actually Mom called, and we were talking and Dad was hovering around waiting not so patiently for his turn on the phone with me. Mom got irritated with him and gave him the phone because he was so antsie. What would a Father be so excited to tell his daughter who they called long distance?

He caught a mouse for the first time in his new live trap contraption. That's not what he was fully excited about though. Apparently he decided that he would take the trap with the mouse in it out to the mailbox with him, and throw the mouse in the weeds while he was out there. Sounds OK. Well according to him, his flinging action of the box sent the mouse WAY up high, and the mouse managed to get a toenail caught up in a tree. Dad watched, and the mouse got himself pulled up and was sitting on the tree branch.

Then the conversation went like this:
Me: Well what's he gonna do now?

Dad: *Laughing* I dunno.

Me: It's going to get cold up there.

Dad: I know, he is going to have to figure something out.

Me: Maybe he will get so cold he falls down.

Dad: He should make a nest.

Me: What is he going to use to make a nest, up there in the tree?

Dad: NOOO. After he falls out of the tree.

Me: Can a mouse take that kind of a fall?

Dad: I don't know. Maybe.

Me: I suppose if he lands in some leaves he will be fine.

Dad: Yup, he'll figure something out.

There you go folks. I don't know it it is one of those things that you have to be there for to be funny or what, but it is just hilarious to me. I still don't know what the heck my Dad was doing using a live trap instead of a snap-the-mouse trap, but whatever.